Friday, March 23, 2007

Procrastinate

pro·cras·ti·nate
Pronunciation: pr&-'kras-t&-"nAt, prO-
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -nat·ed; -nat·ing
Etymology: Latin procrastinatus, past participle of procrastinare, from pro- forward + crastinus of tomorrow, from cras tomorrow
transitive verb : to put off intentionally and habitually
intransitive verb : to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done

Yep, procrastinate...that's what I'm doing. I really need to start packing up my scrapbooking supplies, but I just can't seem to get the energy or gumption to do it! Maybe because it feels so final to pack up all my stuff and I don't know when I'm going to see it all again. Or it could be that I've collected so much stuff that I know it's going to take forever to get it packed up! Whatever the case may be I am definitely procratinating! I know I'm going to have to get it done soon though, since I definitely don't want to trust it to DH or movers (when DH gets a job and sells the house and moves to WA to be with us). So I guess that should motivate me to get it done, since you never know what they might do to my stuff, they probably wont be that gentle with it and pack it the way I would like! I know I shouldn't be so bummed about packing my things up. It's not like I'm never going to scrap again and I am going to bring some of my supplies with me so I can work on things over there and they do have scrapbook stores I can go to for anything I might need. I guess while I'm glad we are moving back home to be closer to family, I'm still going to miss my space here. I didn't realize I had gotten so attatched to things here in just the short time we have been here (less than a year). But as this move has gotten closer I've been thinking more and more about the things I am going to miss. But in the end I know we are going to be alot happier back home surrounded by our family and friends...now if only DH can find a job over there I would feel alot better! :)

3 comments:

Jenn Breault said...

LOL! You are too funny!!!!
HUGS!

*Rachel* said...

You know...I don't know how someone gets the energy to pakc and move so far anyway, but you with 4 kiddos and pregnant...you ispire me! :)

Hang in there! (I am a procrastinator too! LOL! ) :)

Jessica said...

oh I don't envy you having to pack it all up.....and I'm so a procrastinator as well....so see...you are already part of the club! hang in there!