Friday, May 18, 2007

Getting some stuff done...











Well I finally got the pictures in that I ordered to do my mother's day gift for my mom, so I got to finish that up. I just whipped up a very simple photo cube for her. I don't have alot of embellishments on hand here (since a majority of my things are back in NJ still) so I just had to use what I had...and I love the pictures that I used for this so I didn't want to detract from them anyways. I think it turned out pretty cute and I know my mom is very happy with it, so that's all that really matters! The girls and I also finished up the mother's day present for my mother-in-law. I found this really cute tin bucket at Target in the dollar spot and just added some ribbon to it and a tag. We also found this "grow kit" in the dollar spot for lavendar. So we planted the lavendar in the bucket. Hopefully something will grow...never know when you have your 5 and 3 year old plant it! But it nothing ends up growing than that's okay too, she can always replant or use the tin for something else.

Also got the pictures in that I'm going to use for my "commision". Now I'm just waiting on the supplies that I ordered. I'm hoping that I will get them by next week because I am just dying to start working on it. I have something really cute in mind and I can't wait to see how it turns out! Might have to order some more of those so I can make one for myself!

And I ordered a ton of pictures off of snapfish, so that I will have some photos on hand that I can scrap whenever I get in the mood! That way I won't have to keep waiting on something before I can do anything. So I'm hoping to get a lot of scrapping done this month and next...especially before this little guy decides to make his appearance sometime in July!
Oh and while the layouts that I did for the sketch contest over at 3 Bugs in a Rug didn't win...I did get an honorable mention! So that was pretty cool! Think I'm going to give the sketch for this month a shot too, once I finally get all the pictures I ordered! So I have plenty of scrapping to do...know only if I can find the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful work on the projects!